More on community
More on community - Episode 16 Show Notes
Round 1: “Huge-mongous”
1:07 Powerful humor needs
1:42 A woman taking a video of a man
2:31 Take it to crazy land
2:55 New YouTube feature
4:10 An amazing job of keeping his cool
5:40 The bigger picture
Round 2: A powder keg of it’s own
6:55 Political correctness
7:20 Social justice warriors
8:25 Continuing to un-equal rights
10:15 Guilty until proven innocent
11:15 Desperately need a recipe
12:15 Getting a massive support network
Round 3: Passion & incubation
13:35 Flavors of community & permaculture
14:15 Facilitate to create
14:33 Code name: Thrive Through (www.thrivethrough.com)
15:45 Paul’s quirks
16:30 Giving up control
18:23 Not a show stopper
Round 4: Freedom 19:12
19:36 Not part of the freedom package
20:21 Implementing systems
21:52 A thousand things that are (un)acceptable
Round 5: Interacting with others
23:08 Social justice crazy
23:40 Difficult to get in, easy to get out
24:40 Defend these people
26:12 Willingness to say “Intentional Community”
Round 6: Designing decency 27:17
27:50 WIldfire spreading
29:07 Pioneers of intentional communities
Round 7: Making a leap
31:18 An acre of deep roots
33:06 The key is…
33:58 Re-sell restrictions
35:00 This is the time to start!
36:20 Community comes in many flavors
36:55 95% off a natural swimming pool
37:54 Bike-ped community
Round 8: Growing at Wheaton Labs
38:08 Music, joy and laughter
39:08 Devoted to living
40:11 Until winter comes, grasshopper!
41:10 Precisely your own pace
42:45 Accomplishing a transition
Round 9: Exchange for improvements 44:04
44:33 Motivated, can replicate
46:18 The improvements belong to me
47:19 Awful or lovely
48:10 Methodology of building community
Round 10: The kickass scale
50:28 Growing kickass people
51:38 Who gets the candy?
52:40 People doing a kickass job
53:24 That kickass element
Round 11: It’s okay to want 15k! 54:00
56:12 Glad not going to live there anymore
56:34 Work for an acre of Deep Roots
56:54 Podcast availabe on iTunes!
59:02 I hate HOA’s!
Support Permaculture Smackdown
There are five simple ways you can keep the show going and help us grow.
- 1. Newsletter
- 2. Share episode
- 3. subscribe
- 4. testify
- Join our newsletter to get special offers and updates on new shows and episodes on PETV
- Share this episode with your friends.
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Permaculture Smackdown Subscription
- Keep the great content going! Permaculture Smackdown costs about $250 a week to produce. Your support keeps us going.
- Insider Access: You will gain direct access to Paul Wheaton and Josiah Wallingford. You can ask questions and get a direct response by either a comment or video reply.
- Discounts: Subscribers also get access to specials and discounts as well as first dibs on special product launches and courses announced in the show.
- Sponsor Discounts: We will be adding a ton of sponsors to the show who will provide subscribers with special discounts to their products.
The show is filmed in front of a live participating audience and then published to the PermaEthos YouTube channel.
So, why would you pay for a subscription? Here are some reasons:
- Leave a testimonial we can share with the world.